- This event has passed.
Somerset Gravel Sportive
6 June 2021£39
A classic 99km Somerset gravel sportive with a whole lot of variety including the fast flat Somerset levels, the punchy Mendips and a 9km section on the beach. The perfect escape from the city and a chance to see a different side of this beautiful county.
- DISTANCE: 99KM | ELEVATION: 990M
- RIDE DIFFICULTY 3/5
- TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY 2/5
- PERCENTAGE OF ROUTE OFF ROAD 50%
Bike & Tyre Choice: The route has lots of sections on quiet back lanes along with mixed terrain off road sections. We recommend a gravel bike to be able to ride comfortably both on & off road but a MTB will be fine.
– A stunning varied route with quite lanes, bridleways, gravel paths & beaches
– Finish with the climb of Cheddar Gorge
– Grab an ice cream on the beach
– Social drink at the finish village
Wells: 99km, 990m
Starting in Wells, we head up to Glastonbury past the famous Tor before a quick section on the Levels to the long beach at Burnham. After a 9km stretch on the hard-packed sand, we roll back over the Mendips including the climb over Cheddar Gorge before a fast descent home.
DO YOU HAVE A GRAVEL EVENT, THAT YOU WISH TO PUBLISH ON OUR CALENDAR?
SEND YOUR FULL EVENT REPORT (PDF/DOC)WITH PHOTOS TO: