2023 DEVON GRIT
28 August 2023£44
Our gravel event returns for a fourth year. It’s ideal for gravel bikes, MTBs, cyclocross bikes & ebikes & takes in the best gravel trails of East Devon.
All five routes take in some of the best sections of Woodbury Common. Highlights include Woodbury Castle & some great single track on the common, a section of the Exe Estuary path, a climb up for views of the sea at the top of Beacon Hill and also Mutter Moor.
The routes are designed to be ridden on a gravel bike but a cyclocross bike or a lightweight XC mountain bike will be almost as quick. E-mountain bikes are also welcome. The ride is not suitable for road bikes & we recommend a minimum tyre width of 35mm. Although we will put out some markers this event is self-nav so you will need a Garmin, Wahoo or phone for navigation purposes. Don’t underestimate these rides! You need to add at least 50 percent onto the distances to get the ‘road’ equivalent in time & energy required to take them on.
We are now able to offer camping at Bicton College over the bank holiday weekend.
What you get
- Quality cotton T-shirt
- Professional chip timing
- Free event photographs
- Full Covid-19 plan & risk assessments
- 5 route options (100K, 76K, 58K, 36K, 22K)
- GPX files & detailed route descriptions
- Feed stations with water, energy drinks, quiche, homity pie, gels, bars, fruit, cakes etc
- Public Liability insurance
- Professional First Aid
- Bike & rider recovery service
- West Coast Caterers at finish proving hot food & drinks
- On site camping or camper van parking on Fri, Sat & Sun night (additional charge)
DO YOU HAVE A GRAVEL EVENT, THAT YOU WISH TO PUBLISH ON OUR CALENDAR?
SEND YOUR FULL EVENT REPORT (PDF/DOC)WITH PHOTOS TO: